[c-nsp] Grounding your 6500's?

Temkin, David temkin at sig.com
Thu Aug 12 10:14:48 EDT 2004

Thanks.  And you're right about having two floating grounds - I saw a
small-ish phone switch get blown up about 5 times at a summer camp that
had the chassis of the switch grounded to it's own ground spike about
100' from the building ground spike (which was in turn connected to the
chassis as well through the electrical ground).  Every time there was a
lightning strike anywhere near by (this was on a mountain), poof -
blackened phone switch.