[c-nsp] Dial Backup

Montes, Carlos M carlos.m.montes at boeing.com
Thu Aug 12 12:51:06 EDT 2004

To all, I have a question about dial backup.  If you don't mind I need your help.  I have a 2600 with a Frame Relay circuit that's backed up by a Serial Interface that is working as an ASYNC interface with the appropriate command.  The Interface is then connected to a modem.  The backup works great as designed, however when the phone line is down the router is not able to detect the problem.  I did some testing of the backup yesterday and found out the backup phone line was dead.

Is there any way that I can ensure that the phone line is available?

Thanks