[c-nsp] BGP Config

Luan Nguyen luan.nguyen at mci.com
Fri Aug 13 12:19:50 EDT 2004

a simplerer way would be:
router bgp 1234
neighbor 1.1.1.1 route-map DenyAll in (i think the default of no route-map
is deny all)
:)
Anyway, that config works fine...odd but it works.
show ip access-list does show it has matches (129 in my case)
debug bgp does show
Aug 13 11:59:39.027 EDT: BGP(0): 1.1.1.1 rcvd 10.1.1.0/24 -- DENIED due to:
route-map;
Aug 13 11:59:39.027 EDT: BGP(0): 1.1.1.1 rcvd 10.2.2.0/24 -- DENIED due to:
route-map;
show bgp neighbor 1.1.1.1 does show:
Inbound path policy configured
  Route map for incoming advertisements is denyall
                                 Sent       Rcvd
  Prefix activity:               ----       ----
    Prefixes Current:               1          0 (Consumes 6192 bytes)
    Prefixes Total:                 1          0
    Implicit Withdraw:              0          0
    Explicit Withdraw:              0          0
    Used as bestpath:             n/a          0
    Used as multipath:            n/a          0
    Saved (soft-reconfig):        n/a        129 (Consumes 6192 bytes)

                                   Outbound    Inbound
  Local Policy Denied Prefixes:    --------    -------
    route-map:                            0        129
    AS_PATH loop:                       n/a          1
    Total:                                0        130

luan