[c-nsp] Route-maps & multiple match conditions

Terry Baranski tbaranski at mail.com
Tue Aug 17 20:45:14 EDT 2004

Ran into an issue on a 6509 today that has me confused.  I was trying to
adjust the MEDs of outbound routes to a BGP peer based on communities,
like so: if a route has community A and community B, do this; if it has
communities X and Y, do this; etc.

But I ran into trouble getting the 'logical AND' to work.  My
understanding (based on the route-map section of
http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=174107&seqNum=5) is
that multiple match conditions in a single match statement are treated
as a logical OR, while multiple match statements (in a single route-map
statement) are treated as a logical AND.  However, when I entered
separate match statements for each community, they were converted in the
running config to a single statement, and the behavior seemed to be that
of a logical OR.  So:

	match community X
	match community Y

Turned into:

	match community X Y

Anyone know if this is correct behavior, and/or if there's another way
to accomplish the above? (I don't have the IOS version handy.)

Thanks,
Terry