[c-nsp] Wanted: Picture of working 7609 - Reward if found

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Aug 19 04:50:30 EDT 2004

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 10:39:42AM +0200, Carlson Per wrote:
> We have had our shared deal with 7200 as well. We were unlucky
> to get a lot of faulty NPE-400's (some memory timing problems),
> and Cisco had to replace every single NPE in the network.

Yep, similar here  (only the memory was swapped, and since then, the
NPE-400s work very reliably).

OTOH, the NPE-G1 for the 7200 is a *really* great product.  Fast,
reliable, onboard GEs that don't use bus bandwidth, etc.  (but the fact
that it was not supported in 12.0S for a very long time did create
some problems on its own... :-/ ).

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de