[c-nsp] Quality of Service

Tim Franklin tim at colt.net
Thu Aug 19 09:32:56 EDT 2004

Robert Walton wrote:

> We've got some bursty traffic congesting a 2Mb link from time to
> time and obviously we want to prioritise the more sensitive
> production traffic from the 'less critical'. We have a cisco 1720
> connecting to the ISP, i was hoping i could run some kind of QoS
> classification on the ISP facing interface.
>
> I don't think 1720's support it though.

I've deployed it on 1721s for much that scenario.  CCO suggests it's equally
supported on 1720 with appropriate builds of 12.3, 12.3T, 12.2, 12.2T and
12.1 at least.  You should find something amongst those IOSes that's a match
for your current set-up / feature requirements.

Regards,
Tim.

____________   Tim Franklin                 e: tim at colt.net
\C/\O/\L/\T/   Product Engineering Manager  w: www.colt.net
 V  V  V  V    Managed Data Services        t: +44 20 7863 5714
                                            f: +44 20 7863 5876