[c-nsp] Wanted: Picture of working 7609 - Reward if found

rwcrowe at comcast.net rwcrowe at comcast.net
Thu Aug 19 09:23:53 EDT 2004

Not to take the other side, but Comcast has over 100 7609's running throughout its distribution/access layer and they seem to perform very well. They have an occasional Sup engine go out but nothing drastic. I believe they are runnign 12.1(13 EA1). They are not doing MPLS with these boxes though, so that may be one of the culprits of your problems. They do run HSRP, RIP, OSPF, BGP, Layer 2, Layer 3, DPT, POS fine.

--
Rob Crowe
rwcrowe at comcast.net