[c-nsp] Wanted: Picture of working 7609 - Reward if found

Neil J. McRae neil at COLT.NET
Thu Aug 19 11:08:38 EDT 2004

Rob,

> Not to take the other side, but Comcast has over 100 7609's
> running throughout its distribution/access layer and they
> seem to perform very well. They have an occasional Sup engine
> go out but nothing drastic. I believe they are runnign
> 12.1(13 EA1). They are not doing MPLS with these boxes
> though, so that may be one of the culprits of your problems.
> They do run HSRP, RIP, OSPF, BGP, Layer 2, Layer 3, DPT, POS fine.

Thanks for the response its good to hear that they work for some
people, one question though is this the OSR or Vortex chassis?
And are you using Supervisor720? What other cards are you using?
Looking at that code version I'd guess that they are quite old
machines with sup2's. Hardware wise the older boxes seem
slighly more reliable [but not much].

Regards,
Neil.