[c-nsp] Wanted: Picture of working 7609 - Reward if found

Clinton Work clinton at scripty.com
Thu Aug 19 11:01:36 EDT 2004

> We have had some hardware issues as well on ours, but the software
> issues has been worse. Sometimes, you could count the number of
> days with out a IOS-problem in days, not weeks or months. We
> are so far using the 12.1E train (nowadays 12.1(20)E3), the
> 12.2SX seams a bit to scary yet.

We run a number of 7600s (Sup2/MSFC2) as simple L3 distribution routers or
L2 switches. We're running 12.1(13)E right now and they have been quite
stable
except for the occasional Sup2/module failure. I would probably vote that
the
SFM card is the most prone to failure. We run MPLS on some of the OSM
modules
as uplinks to the core. The MPLS works fine as long as you don't introduce
load-balancing
(some packets get the wrong label imposed).