[c-nsp] OSPF Authentication

Manoj koshti manoj_koshti at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 19 14:25:07 EDT 2004

Hi Ivan,

If u roll out authentication on all the router ..then ospf neighbor will  drop.
You can configure ospf auth .in segment vice (ospf auth on one subnet or point to point link ) .Get ospf neighbore ship up with authentication between one point to point link then move to other .

Thanks
Manoj

Ivan Marakovic <marak_marak at hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I have an existing OSPF network consisting of approx 20 routers accross the
country - all in a single area.

Now I have to implement the OSPF authentication accross all of them.

What would be the best approch in implementing the authentication without
causing any problems?

Will a router drop all ospf neighbors (that are not configured for auth yet)
after I configure it for the autnetication?

Any ideas??

Regards
Ivan

Feeling spent? Apply here for emergency plastic surgery:
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;9577691;9687279;r?http://www.promo.com.au/virgincreditcard/plasticsurgery/track.cfm?source=P08