[c-nsp] OT: TACACS+ help

Bernhard Schmidt berni at birkenwald.de
Sat Aug 28 20:57:35 EDT 2004

Hi,

> Could you help me with what package are you talking of?
> Is this the TACACS+ package made available by cisco?
> If you got a link, it would be great!

I'm quite sure Gert wrote about the TACACS+ package by Cisco. I don't know
whether it is still available for download at Cisco, at least some of the
documentation examples are still there

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk642/tech_technical_documentation.html

you can download the original tarball and some small improvements from
http://www.gazi.edu.tr/tacacs/index.php?page=download . I'm running
4.0.3alpha9 from this page personally without any trouble.

a new and improved version with WebUI and so on is available at
http://www.networkforums.net/
They had an interesting licence/distribution change lately and I'm not 100%
sure about the consequences, so read the documents carefully.

Another independent open source project is TACPPD (http://tacppd.org) which
looks very interesting and active, but I did not take a closer look at it
yet. Perhaps anyone else can enlighten us with his/her experience.

All products (I'm sure about the original Cisco and the gazi.edu.tr one)
should be able to do command authorization/accounting and should be
appropriate for your change tracking.

Bernhard