[c-nsp] HSRP and VLANS

Dave Temkin dave at ordinaryworld.com
Sun Aug 29 17:19:28 EDT 2004

Richard,

Are you running IOS or CatOS on the switch?

If you're running IOS set up a standby track for the Physical interface
under the VLAN interface..

If you're running CatOS I'm afraid I can't think of a way of doing it
aside from the way you came up with.

Check:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094e8c.shtml

for more info on track.