[c-nsp] 2948G replacement?

David J. Hughes bambi at Hughes.com.au
Mon Aug 30 17:21:55 EDT 2004

We have "bucket loads" of 2950G's running as access switches
dual attached to 6509's in one of our data centres. Never
experienced the problems you've outlined.

As for not handling DOS traffic, we've previously used them
as DOS mitigation tools (i.e. putting them in front of 7206's
on the border and applying L3 ACLs to the Telco GigE services
before they get to the border).

Good little general purpose switch if you are looking at 29xx
grade equipment.

David