[c-nsp] 2948G replacement?

matthew zeier mrz at intelenet.net
Mon Aug 30 16:37:21 EDT 2004

I have a handful of 2948Gs that cause me no end of grief, mostly because
they can't handle inbound DDoS or, in odd cases, because STP fails and a
trunk that should be blocking starts fowarding and takes the switch down
with it.

What's a good replacement switch?  The majority of the switching platform is
(are?) 6509s, however for some rows we've decided to use lower end switches
instead of patch panels.

--
matthew zeier, Sr. Network Engineer  | "Nothing in life is to be feared.
InteleNet Communications, Inc.       |  It is only to be understood."