[c-nsp] CEF PROBLEM on 6509 (NATIVE)

Mark_IT at libero.it Mark_IT at libero.it
Tue Aug 31 09:46:57 EDT 2004

In the last few weeks I've seen many problems on my 6509 regarding Cef and
routing tables.
I've read yours article posted by "Sorin Costantinescu" on Tue 11 Nov. 2003 that
was talking about some cisco CEF problems like mine.
The message was the following:
" Hi,

One of our Cat6500 routers' CEF is acting strangely. The router wouldn't
forward traffic towards x.y.z.25, but it would for x.y.z.26. CEF has an
entry for x.y.z/24 (known by the router from BGP).

If i put an ACL on a VLAN (in) with permit for x.y.z.25, traffic coming
via that vlan will be routed, but only the traffic coming via that vlan.

The temporary solution was to have a route for x.y.z.25.

The 6509 has msfc2/sup2, and runs Version 12.1(19)E (native). I looked for
CEF bugs using cisco's bugtool, but none match my case.

Does anybody have a clue on how to solve this problem?"

Can somebody tell me the solution? I've found a workaround for this problem, but
I need da solution.
Thanks
Mark