[c-nsp] VPN Solutions

Nauwelaerts, Nick (CM Belgium) nick.nauwelaerts at thomson.com
Wed Dec 1 02:58:49 EST 2004

I've just been testing a vpn concentrator 3020 for a week to replace a
checkpoint based enduser vpn. So far I've been fairly happy with it. It
did take some time to get PKI and active directory authentication going
but once it's running it runs great.  LDAP seems a bit harder to get
going but that isn't a requirement for us at this time.
Our site to site tunnels will keep running on checkpoint however.

Enduser licenses for all cisco vpn 3000 series are unlimited, for an
overview you can go here:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2284/prod_mode
ls_comparison.html

Even though the website says 1 available expansion slot my unit has 3
available. I haven't found anything about if they will actually work or
not. Redundant PSU is an option as well.

// nick