[c-nsp] ATM-DXI on E1

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Dec 2 08:39:39 EST 2004

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 02:34:46PM +0100, sthaug at nethelp.no wrote:
> > Now our carrier has declared "you can hook up a standard E1<->X.21
> > converter to that line, and use your normal X.21 routers", which *does*
> > surprise me.
>
> It's not that simple.
[..]
> DXI is a way to map several logical channels to one physical link - a
> bit like Frame Relay DLCIs. You need an external box which understands
> the DXI encapsulation and can perform the actual ATM segmentation and
> reassembly.

Thanks for confirming that the Telco has indeed no idea what they
are talking about (why am I not surprised?)... :-)

Now if there would be any vendor that actually *sells* ATM-DSUs...  -
Kentrox had one for E3, but even that one is no longer in their
product catalogue (and besides that, I need E1...).

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de