[c-nsp] Best ATM switch, BPX woes

Niels Bakker niels=cisco-nsp at bakker.net
Sun Dec 5 17:28:00 EST 2004

Hi,

* chris at nmedia.net (Chris Cappuccio) [Fri 03 Dec 2004, 09:30 CET]:
> Everyone hates ATM, so there are all these cheap switches out there.  Really
> cheap.  And I happen to need one....
[..]

I asked a friend of mine who has actually worked with your switches for
advice, so the answers below come with even less warranty than usual on
any mailing list ;)

> 1. Any idea why my BPX-15 sucks (Software 8.2.04!)?

Because that software release is ancient.

> 3. Any other recommendations on a switch to look at????

You're using first-generation ASI cards; you'll likely have better luck
with BXM's, which are pretty cheap on the second-hand market.

	-- Niels.