[c-nsp] What IOS on RSM and NPE150?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Dec 8 11:23:56 EST 2004

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 09:51:42AM -0600, Brian Feeny wrote:
> What IOS are you all using for RSM(Cat5k) and NPE150's?  I am running
> 12.0(10)W5(18h) on the RSM, it seems stable but
> doesn't have features I would like.

12.2 mainline on the RSM, 12.0S on the NPE150.

Currently, the RSMs run c5rsm-isv-mz.122-24.bin (there is a telnet bug
hiding, AFAIR, but access to those routers are well-filtered).

> I tried to run 12.0.7(T3) because
> I like the features that were in T, E, and S trains but my RSM
> didn't last long running that.  Alot of times when I get into newer
> IOS's CEF shuts down, probably due to low memory, but I can run
> fine on alot of the not as new stuff.

Our RSMs have 64Mb DRAM.  I'm not sure about the specific requirements
per train, but 32 Mb won't be enough for 12.2 (I have 26 Mb free).

> Ideally it would be great if I could have features such as IP named
> community lists, but I doubt that is going to happen :)

I want to see IPv6... *sigh*

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de