[c-nsp] cisco 1721 & load sharing across unequal paths.

mail mail at iyioglu.com
Sat Dec 11 17:42:50 EST 2004

hi there

I'm using the below IOS.
Looks like it doesn't have the track command under global config for object
tracking. do you think I should upgrade to a higher OS? and if yes which one
do you think would be appropriate?

currently I try eigrp with equal cost routes.. when I change one of the
links' state to down using the the shut command, it switches over to the
other interface and works just fine. However when I unplug the telephone
cable from the DSL modem, it doesn't recognize the route as being down and
behaves erratically: I can't check any emails etc. I change from
per-destination to per-packet load sharing on both interfaces but it behaves
even more erratically when I do that..
Please help :(

IOS (tm) C1700 Software (C1700-SY7-M), Version 12.2(8)T4,  RELEASE SOFTWARE
(fc1
)
TAC Support: http://www.cisco.com/tac
Compiled Fri 03-May-02 22:41 by ccai
Image text-base: 0x80008108, data-base: 0x80B6C730

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(7r)XM1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)