[c-nsp] Help with topology changes....

Church, Chuck cchurch at netcogov.com
Tue Dec 14 00:13:41 EST 2004

Richard,

	The next time a router has it's interface shut down, grab a 'sh
int', 'sh controller', and 'sh proc cpu' prior to reloading it.  Also a
'sh ver'.  Poor topology or not, the router int shouldn't shut down,
unless there's an odd loop or a DOS occurring on the subnet.  You
mentioned traffic from other subnets?  Are you redistributing this
branch default gateway into an IGP?

Chuck Church
Lead Design Engineer
CCIE #8776, MCNE, MCSE
Netco Government Services - Design & Implementation Team
1210 N. Parker Rd.
Greenville, SC 29609
Home office: 864-335-9473
Cell: 703-819-3495