[c-nsp] Empty Username for Dialup

Osama I. Dosary oid at saudi.net.sa
Tue Dec 14 04:06:38 EST 2004

Hello,

We are planning to introduce a free Dialup Internet service, and I'm
trying to find a way so that users do NOT have to enter any username.
We've already setup our RADIUS to accept any username, and more
importantly to accept *empty* usernames.

Unforutnately, the router does not like empty usernames. And is giving
this error message:
Dec 13 14:32:22: As97 PAP: O AUTH-NAK id 5 len 41 msg is "No hostname
received to authenticate"

Is there someway to configure the router so that it allows empty usernames?

TIA,
-Osama