[c-nsp] Advertised community in BGP

Cisco List CiscoList at go180.net
Wed Dec 15 02:13:48 EST 2004

Actually, to send communities to a peer you need:

neighbor x.x.x.x send-community [extended, standard, both]

In order to pass communities on to a peer.  If you have a route-map
that is tagging a community for the peer be sure that you aren't also
stripping of the communities that were on the route.  For example,
the following if applied to a peer will remove any existing
communities and add the 1:100 community.

router bgp xxx
 neighbor x.x.x.x remote-as xxx
 neighbor x.x.x.x send-community
 neighbor x.x.x.x route-map something-out out
!
route-map something-out permit 10
 set community 1:100

If you want to add 1:100 to any existing routes to a peer you could
modify the above to look like this.

router bgp xxx
 neighbor x.x.x.x remote-as xxx
 neighbor x.x.x.x send-community
 neighbor x.x.x.x route-map something-out out
!
route-map something-out permit 10
 set community 1:100 additive

Hope that helps,