[c-nsp] Terminal Emulator

Hudson Delbert J Contr 61 CS/SCBN Delbert.Hudson at LOSANGELES.AF.MIL
Wed Dec 15 13:04:48 EST 2004

dan,

in a word, no. as a matter of fact, i'd have to say i dont understand why tim
even mentioned it. initially, the list was queried for available software for this purpose
not the best free software or even cheapest. he just wanted suggestions.

what ever works for you is what you s/use.

cost was never an issue in the discussion.

btw, all the modules mentioned openssh, hyperterm, putty, teraterm and crt i've used and pretty much work.

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net]On Behalf Of Dan Wilson
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 6:08 PM
To: Jared Mauch; Tim Devries
Cc: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Terminal Emulator

Geesh,

Is there anything actually *wrong* with actually *purchasing* a commercial product that does everything you want?  I have only one interface to get used to, and it will do any of the connections I want, and a couple more.  Someone else is concerned with making the interface compatible with what I'm used to when future methods open up to general use.  It's *supported*, and isn't Microsoft.

I'm still using WRQ Reflection.

Jared Mauch <jared at puck.nether.net> wrote:
Putty is great :)

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html