[c-nsp] HTML Email - Cisco issue??

Paul Stewart pauls at nexicom.net
Wed Dec 15 20:44:51 EST 2004

Hi there...

We just deployed some 1711's at customer sites recently and now I'm
getting strange phone calls from these customers... They can't send
email...

After researching a bit further we found that if the customer (who is
using outlook express) switched to text email versus  html email they
worked fine...

So, my question is in regards to these 1711's... Could they have
anything to do with this?  It sounds kinda crazy.... These customers all
use the same smtp server and I can send html email through it just fine
so we've ruled out the actual server...

Long shot but was hoping maybe it's a configuration issue that I'm not
familiar with..

Here's one of the customer's configs ( a few things omitted):

Current configuration : 2822 bytes
!
version 12.3
service tcp-keepalives-in
service tcp-keepalives-out
service timestamps debug datetime localtime
service timestamps log datetime localtime
service password-encryption
service compress-config
!
hostname xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
!
boot-start-marker
boot-end-marker
!
logging buffered 4096 debugging
no logging rate-limit
enable secret 5 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
!
username admin privilege 15 password 7 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
clock timezone EST -5
clock summer-time EDT recurring
mmi polling-interval 60
no mmi auto-configure
no mmi pvc
mmi snmp-timeout 180
no aaa new-model
ip subnet-zero
no ip source-route
!
!
ip dhcp excluded-address 192.168.10.1 192.168.10.10
!
ip dhcp pool CLIENT
   import all
   network 192.168.10.0 255.255.255.0