[c-nsp] Catalyst 2970 and third-party SFPs

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Tue Dec 28 04:06:10 EST 2004

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004, Sascha E. Pollok wrote:

> with LX/LH and SX SFPs. These are made by Finisar. The distributor
> claims that this is going to work. They said they tested them thoroughly
> in every possible combination and they expect them to work.

They do not have any cisco labels at all? I ask this because there are
quite a lot of optics that still bear the label of its manufacturer as
well as the vendor of the switch equipment who OEMed it.

Also, there are 3rd party cisco coded SFPs out there, I guess the cisco
CRC algorith leaked or was reverse engineered so others could do cisco
compatible SFP optics.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se