[c-nsp] 12.2(25)S1 MPLS-VPN HA on 7200

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Tue Dec 28 19:31:26 EST 2004

On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 10:55:22AM -0600, Church, Chuck wrote:
> That's my understanding of it as well. The actual configuration of nsf
> on the routing protocols should only be on the device that'll support
> NSF with SSO.  Which I think would limit it to only the platforms that
> support a redundant RP, right?

Yeah in general I agree.  However, I guess one could argue
that with a single RP that has a hardware forwarding chip
you culd let the hardware continue to forward while the
software on the RP reloads.  I don't know of that being
done on any platform though.

But that's really still a dual CPU system.  Just not
redundant RP's.

Rodney