[nsp] L2TP VPDN broadband aggregation - 7301 or 7401

Yuval Ben-Ari yuvalba at netvision.net.il
Sun Feb 1 15:48:29 EST 2004

definitely go for the 7301 if you can.
7401 is based on NSE-1 while 7301 is based on the NPE-G1
the NSE is using PXF technology which requires complex code to support features in hardware, if something is not supported in the PXF it will degrade performance severely, also it still suffers from stability problems (the PXF).
on the other hand the NPE-G1 is CPU does it all concept, considering that it is a very fast CPU it gives you great performance with great features flexibility with almost no harm to performance.
to get estimate real life numbers divide the marketing numbers by 4  :-)  (I'm being serious)