[nsp] OSPF NSSA

John Pang whoami1234_1234 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 10 11:10:57 EST 2004

Hi everyone,

I am currently trying out OSPF on the following lab
network:

R - R2 - R
1 - R3 - 4

* R1 is connected to both R2 and R3 via router FE
ports
* R4 is connected to both R2 and R3 via router FE
ports

R1, R2 & R3 are in Area 0 while R2, R3 & R4 are in
Area 1.

In default configuration, R1 is able to see two paths
to R4 via either R2 or R3.

However, after I configured Area 1 as a NSSA, R1 only
saw 1 path to R4 via R3.

R2/R3
router ospf 10
 area 1 nssa default-information-originate
!

R4
router ospf 100
 area 1 nssa
!

Does anyone know why R1 only saw 1 path to R4 when
Area 1 is in NSSA mode? Is it possible for R1 to see
the same two paths to R4 when Area 1 is in NSSA mode?

Many thanks and best regards,