[nsp] NxT1 MLPPP

RANGARIRAYI MUVAVARIRWA muvavarirwa at msn.com
Wed Feb 11 17:45:29 EST 2004

Alternatively, (and depending on traffic type/mix) you could consider
implementing line compression (would require an AIM co-processor
~$400/router). We have seen compression rates of 3:1 across two T-1s with
only a 10% delta on CPU performance. Bear in mind that this is on 2610XMs
with IPSec, OSPF, and GRE...The economics (kill some of your T1s, compress
accross the remainder) and performance of compression can be very
attractive.

ranga