[nsp] SUP1-MSFC performance?

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Wed Feb 11 18:12:04 EST 2004

Expense, board space, and technical reasons/tradeoffs are what limit the size.

We don't use TCAM for the NF table in sup1/sup2, we are using SRAMs. Sup720 uses a TCAM for storing the NF hash results, which allows for better efficiency/utilization, but we still use SRAM for the entries themselves.

If you need more NF table space, consider sup720 (128K max/96K util) or sup720-3bxl (256K max/230K util).

Tim

At 03:04 PM 2/11/2004, cisco-nsp-request at puck.nether.net proclaimed:

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Technical Marketing Engineer, Catalyst 6500
Cisco Systems, http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759