[nsp] Dial-Backup for PPPoE-Dialer?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Feb 12 11:45:43 EST 2004

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 04:00:11PM -0000, Tim Franklin wrote:
> Also, it's not obvious in Gert's scenario if he owns both ends.  If
> it's a managed-router service and he's running the ISP and the CPE,
> this is a non-issue.

Ummm, while we *do* own both ends, this doesn't mean we *trust* both
ends.  After all the CPE router is in the customer premises - and we have
no control who might be fiddling with it while we're not looking.

So "learning of dynamic routes from CPE routers will only be done in a
very controlled way".  Which *can* be done with RIP just fine, btw :-)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de