[nsp] network statements in two eBGP peers

isaac at ravengate.net isaac at ravengate.net
Wed Feb 18 20:46:54 EST 2004

greetings list,

hoping someone can hook me up on the right way to do this.

---

we have two ASN's we control.

we have two border/edge routers (1 in each ASN) that talks to a
different backbone provider.

the two border routers peer with eachother over eBGP and also are in
the same OSPF process.  (we are working to merge them into the same
BGP ASN)

my question is this:

how do we achieve router redundancy between these two routers?

currently if we lose a transit link, the traffic will flow fine out
the other pipe.

but we don't have BGP network statements in router 2 that exist in
router 1 and we don't have BGP network statements in router 1 that
exist in router 2.

so the routes injected into BGP from router 1 will get withdrawn right
if router 1 dies?

is it a problem to announce the same networks from two different eBGP
peers to two different upstreams?

thanks a lot!
jg