[nsp] Is 128MB enough for a full BGP table on a 7206VXR?

Hudson Delbert J Contr 61 CS/SCBN Delbert.Hudson at LOSANGELES.AF.MIL
Tue Feb 24 11:02:01 EST 2004

Vince,

in a word 'no'...

256 mb should be min (not really enough though0

what other resource sucking features are gonna fired up or will
cause distant ends to throttle back due to slower processing?

OSPF perhaps? oh, i can see the path algorithm runs choking waiting
for sync which never really is steady because redistribution
of iBGP info is fluid?

EIGRP carrying lan routes getting stuck in dual
because feasible successors keep needing to be recalc'd

more memory, please. lots of it.

/* Del Hudson Contr 61CS/SCBN */