[nsp] ftp.cisco.com

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Wed Feb 25 23:42:01 EST 2004

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 11:38:10PM -0500, Harold Ritter wrote:
> James,
>
> Try using FTP in passive mode. This should solve the issue.

	I've noticed a number of issues with ftp.cisco.com
recently, and it's not limited to the apache/passive issues
you are trying to point at here.

	I think the problem is one of the poc machines is having some
troubles and periodically doesn't serve any of the ftp requests
properly.

	There is the seperate issue of www.cisco.com and the trend
cisco is moving towards of eliminating ftp.cisco.com alltogether.

	We all don't use the windows tftp server on our laptops at
the pop, we do have a need to download images (including *CODED* images)
directly to our staging host.

	This seems to be some functionality cisco seems quite happy to
continue to diminish.

	- jared