[nsp] stupid NAT tricks

Christopher J. Wolff chris at bblabs.com
Sun Feb 29 01:55:57 EST 2004

Hello,

I have a Ethernet sub interface on router A that uses an overloaded NAT pool
for internet access.  I have another Ethernet sub interface on router B
(connected to A) that has a server I want a device on subinterface router A
to connect to.  However I don't want it to use the overloaded nat pool.  I
set up a static route however it appears that the devices behind the router
A subinterface want to use the NAT pool even if there is a static route
between the two devices.

Here's what it looks like

Router A---------LAN------------Router B
   |						|
NAT pool A------------|		File Server
   |			    |
Subint 10.0.0.1/24    |

			Internet

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I read something on the cisco site
about a 'no-payload' statement which seemed to apply to this situation but
it wasn't clear how.  Thank you.

Regards,
Christopher J. Wolff, VP CIO
Broadband Laboratories, Inc.