[nsp] AToM (on 7600 w/ SUP720) : summary

Andrew Fort afort at choqolat.org
Mon Jan 5 23:15:12 EST 2004

On 6/01/2004 11:07 AM, Ian Cox wrote:

> Please everyone the release notes really do mean that EoMPLS is only
> supported on PFC3BXL, and it is not supported on PFC3A. If you have a
> problem you are going to get told it is not supported.

We understand the what, but not the why.  So... Why?  What is the
difference between the PFC3A and PFC3BXL in terms of handling these more
complex MPLS features?  I get the impression it'll be supported on PFC3A
down the line, is this for sure? (but it does seem a bit strange that
it's supported on the latest hardware first.. then again.. maybe not
that strange :).

-afort