[nsp] AToM (on 7600 w/ SUP720) : summary

Burns, Keith Keith_Burns at icgcomm.com
Thu Jan 8 13:04:18 EST 2004

Perhaps (I don't mean to assume) what is meant is that if a card fails, and
you replace it, you need to reboot to make it active.

Not exactly HIGH availability if that reboot causes 5min downtime to pass
traffic again (that means BGP converging etc). You are at 99.999%
availability for the year right there with no more outages.

So perhaps clarification on "reboot" ? Are we talking the classic IOS "box
goes away, box comes back and peers up etc" or in the NSO/SSF operation, is
a "reboot" less intrusive to operations?

Or perhaps my understanding of high availability is wrong?

Keith Burns
Principal Network Architect
ICG Telecommunications
IP Ph: 303-414-5385
Cell:   303-912-3777

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan rolls on...."