[nsp] AToM (on 7600 w/ SUP720) : summary

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Thu Jan 8 13:26:45 EST 2004

Put simply, we choose a mode - A or B - at bootup, based on the present line card configuration. If there are any DFC3A cards present, we are in A mode, otherwise, we are in B mode.

Once we choose a mode, we can not change the mode until a reboot, ie, issuing the "reload" command or power cycling the switch.

So in your example, no, you do not need to reboot to replace an A card, even if it is the last A card in the system. We remain in A mode - and that is true, even if you remove the last A card and replace it with a B card.

Tim

At 10:04 AM 1/8/2004, Burns, Keith gushed: