[nsp] GSR engine types?

Rubens Kuhl Jr. rubens at email.com
Tue Jan 13 23:15:15 EST 2004

|the crossbar from LC to LC. It has much less to do with IFG as it does
|with how efficiently the packet gets put into the fixed cell length in
|which the GSR supports. In some cases you get lots of overhead and,

I mentioned IFG because of line performance, not router performance... a
Gig-E link with 1.5 Mpps packets is the worst case processing scenario, but
it doesn't add up to 1 Gbps because of IFG. A bunch of jumbo frames cames
much closer to 1 Gbps, is the internal fabric worst case, but is easier to
handle from a processing point of view.

Rubens