[nsp] SRP/DPT PA & SNMP MIB runing 12.2S

Thomas Kernen thomas at ip-man.net
Sun Jan 18 06:33:17 EST 2004

Is there anyone else out there running the DPT/SRP Port adapter in a
72xx with 12.2S (tried will all available releases). We are faced with
the problem that SNMP is broken (as usual) and that we are unable to get
any counter values (32 or 64 bit) for the interfaces. TAC says it's our
SNMP get package that is broken (net-snmp 5.0.9).

But for us the biggest issue is that Cisco don't seem to worry much
about the fact that the 12.2S, the SP train is broken with a SP specific
port adapter. I have no intention on deploying 12.2T in my core to
maybe/potentially fix my problem and introduce other issues at the same
time.

I know that some of the big boys have loads of these boards in their
networks (specifically Sprint comes to mind) and I would suspect that
they are also running 12.2S with these interfaces so I'm more than
interested in knowing how people are dealing with this.

Thomas