[nsp] Keepalive - Port error

Mark netw2004 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 21 04:13:03 EST 2004

Hi there!!!

                I´m having a little problem since I upgraded from  NPE-400 to NPE-G1 on a 7204VXR. We have an L2tp tunnel and lots of sessions coming through it. I have noticed some sessions disconnections. The termination cause on the radius accounting messages is "port-error" and this is what I get when I run a debug:

sh debugging
PPP:
  PPP protocol errors debugging is on

Jan 21 07:30:35: Vi2.390 PPP: Missed 5 keepalives, taking LCP down
Jan 21 07:32:26: Vi2.387 PPP: Missed 5 keepalives, taking LCP down

I have tried increasing the keepalive period an retry number but without success.
Hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance!

Mark