[nsp] NPE-G1

David Sinn dsinn at dsinn.com
Fri Jan 30 20:41:54 EST 2004

The limit is the CPU.  Cisco's marketing numbers for the NPE-G1 forwarding
ability is 1Mpps.  So just doing the math means that you can do on the order
of 1Gig unidirectional, but no more.  Given that the real world PPS numbers
are often different, it should be of no surprise that no one has reported
wire-rate.

Now, that is not to say that the NPE-G1 isn't a useful NPE.  We've got a
large number deployed and they have provided a very useful extension to the
life cycle of the 7200 platform.

David