[nsp] hardware

Mon Jul 5 16:04:53 EDT 2004

Stephen,

Thanks for your reply.  My main concern in this design is to make sure that
I have room for growth.  I don't want to implement something that's going to
give me problems when I double/triple my customer base.  That's why I was
considering getting the 3550 as a "core (if that terminology is right)" and
then put 2950G's in each rack (Assuming that each rack holds about 38 U's
after rebooters, ip kvms, and switches.

It sounds like the switches I have chosen are a good choice.  I am still
concerned about how I am doing to do the subnet/vlan'ing.  It seams like if
I had say 1000 customers, and a sub interface for each customer/subnet that
it would be a huge pain in the ass to manage.  I mean the config would be
huge.

The url below is a Cisco doc that shows a example on what I was thinking
about doing except with a 3550 and 2950G, but like I said, seams like it
would be so much phun to manage.
http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk390/technologies_configuration_example09
186a00800949fd.shtml

~Shaun