[nsp] hardware

David J. Hughes bambi at Hughes.com.au
Mon Jul 5 16:28:26 EDT 2004

Shaun

The 2950 makes a great access switch.  We use heaps of them in
basically the same config you are thinking about (swap in 6500's
instead of the 3550's though).  Good choice.

What's your main reason for putting each customer in it's own VLAN
and routed range?  If it's for traffic separation (i.e. so the
customers can't see each other at layer 2) then perhaps private
VLANs may also be an option for you for customers with single
devices.

If you need to go down the "1000 vlan interfaces" path then just
write yourself a couple of scripts for adding and removing vlan
configs.  Config generation is your friend.  Drive the whole
thing from a simple provisioning database.  Anyway, food for
thought.

David