[nsp] hardware

matthew zeier mrz at intelenet.net
Tue Jul 6 01:12:18 EDT 2004

>   My
> provider said they would assign a /29 so that there router and my
> switch/core would talk and than i would take my ips and route them.
> If i
> wanted to subnet at each customers port would i then need to setup a
> /29
> between my core and edge switch?

Your provider uses /29s because they provide every customer with HSRP,
which, in their implementation at least, requires three addresses.

I'm certain that once you've settled on your hardware, your provider
will help you in subnetting plans and and any other configuration
issues you might have. :)

--
matthew zeier - "Nothing in life is to be feared.  It is only to be
understood." - Marie Curie