[nsp] Netflow V8 aggregation+export on GSR

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Tue Jul 6 11:51:42 EDT 2004

> I'm doing export of sampled traffic via Netflow V8 aggregated
> all 5 minutes
> from our Juniper boxes. I do export sampled traffic via Netflow V5 on
> our GSRs (12012, IOS 12.0(25)S1), but want to change this to V8,
> which I heard should be possible with flow-aggregation.

Which linecards do you use to collect SNF? If this is an Engine3, you
can also do full Netflow (non-sampled) with v8 export at line-rate.

> I had no success though, all my tools don't accept the data
> sent by the Cisco, in fact it seems to be empty packets.
[...]
> I copied this to the Cisco like this:
> ip route-cache flow sampled
> on the interface
> and:
> ip flow-export version 5 peer-as
> ip flow-sampling-mode packet-interval 1000
> ip flow-aggregation cache as
>  cache timeout active 5
>  export destination IP.IP.IP.IP 2055
>  enabled
> ip flow-aggregation cache as
>  cache timeout active 5
>  export destination IP.IP.IP.IP 2055
>  enabled

Two caches?

> But this is not exporting valid data (at least I can't see it with my
> utils). Am I missing anything?

can you check the flow cache on the LC using

exec slot <n> sh ip cache flow
 and
exec slot <n> sh ip cache flow aggregation as

and see if you see flows in there..

"show ip flow export"  gives export info..

You are not exporting through the GRP/PRP management Fastethernet port,
do you? This is not supported..

	oli