[nsp] BGP & mrtg

Bill Wichers billw at waveform.net
Tue Jul 6 17:56:07 EDT 2004

The number of BGP sessions is not available via SNMP, you have to get it
other ways. This was recently discussed on the MRTG list where I posted
the perl script I wrote that telnets into the router and runs 'show ip bgp
summary', and then parses the output for MRTG to graph. It should be in
the MRTG list archives. I think the memory useage counters are available
via SNMP, although I don't monitor that info on my own system.

     -Bill