[nsp] Router running out of memory

Church, Chuck cchurch at wamnetgov.com
Tue Jul 6 23:17:44 EDT 2004

I assume you're doing NAT, right?  It's most likely the NAT pool is
growing huge and sucking up all the memory.  Do a 'sh ip nat tra' and by
looking at the destination ports, you should be able to tell the port(s)
this virus is trying to hit.  If it's a port they'd never need to access
over the internet, block it with an ACL.  Good chance it's either ICMP
echo, or a netbios port.  HTH.

P.S.  Either 12.2 or 12.2T (can't remember which) will support CEF on
2600 dot1q subints.

Chuck Church
Wam!Net Government Services - D&I Team
Lead Design Engineer