[nsp] Router running out of memory

Edward B. Dreger eddy+public+spam at noc.everquick.net
Wed Jul 7 08:49:03 EDT 2004

KA> Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 04:11:15 -0500 (EST)
KA> From: Krzysztof Adamski

KA> If I try to enable CEF I get:
KA> %DCEF not supported with 802.1q encapsulation on subinterface
KA> %CEF not supported with 802.1q encapsulation on subinterface

I noted the same thing on 12.1 mainline IIRC...

KA> Is there anything that can be done to prevent this?

IOS upgrade.  I'd need to check Feature Navigator, but am too
lazy to boot and log into a JavaScript-cable system.  I think
support for CEF + dot1q was added in 12.1T or 12.2.  Chuck
thought 12.2 or 12.2T.  It's somewhere around there. :-)

Eddy
--
EverQuick Internet - http://www.everquick.net/
A division of Brotsman & Dreger, Inc. - http://www.brotsman.com/